We want you to feel comfortable and confident when you come in for your dental appointment. These are a few updates on things we have been working on. We invested in new equipment and new protocols for the office to allow for physical distancing, reduce everyones exposure from aerosols, and to keep a safe environment for our patients and staff.
New HEPA air purifiers in the lobby and every treatment room to improve air quality in the office. The HEPA filters captures allergens, bacteria, virus, mold, and odor and the internal UV light will kill anything trapped within the filters.
Installation of new ventilation system that allows efficient air exchange per hour to improve office air quality.
No touch infrared thermometer to screen all staff and patients daily.
Physical barriers to allow for physical distancing.
Barriers and regular disinfection of high touch surfaces after every patient.
Clear signage to ensure physical distancing is maintained.
We have appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the safe delivery of in-person care.
Hand Sanitizer located in all operatories and lobby to promote regular hand hygiene.
- Exposure Prevention
- Plastic protective barrier at the reception desk.
- Limited number of patients in the office at one time
- Hand Sanitizer easily accessible in all operatories and lobby to promote regular hand hygiene.
- Safe work procedures
- Appropriate personal protective equipment for the safe delivery of in-person care
- Enhanced Personal Protective Equipment for any aerosol-generating procedures
- All patients, visitors, and staff will be subject to pre-screening of their health
- Patients will be checked with a non-touch thermometer upon arrival.
- All staff members will be wearing a mask when working
- Training of all staff members in exposure prevention, safe work procedures, patient management and safety, as well as infection prevention and control.
- Designated work station for each staff member
- Patient management and safety
- Any patients that are feeling unwell or are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms will be rescheduled
- All patients are asked to come to their appointments alone and to bring as little personal belongings as possible
- Patients are required to wear a mask to the office
- Extensive screening protocols for patient health history
- Booking modifications
- Scheduling only one patient at a time, to prevent cross-infection until further notice
- Dedicated morning appointment for elderly or medically compromised patients.
- Extended time in between appointments to allow for unrushed thorough disinfection of the operatories, washroom, and high traffic areas after every patient.
- Digital online forms to eliminate traditional pen-and-paper process
- Virtual consultations available in the comfort of your home
- External bitewing radiographs are taken when possible
- Infection prevention and control
- Use of medical-grade disinfectant wipes (which are virucidal against coronaviruses)
- Use of medical-grade sterilization system for our instruments
- Disposable barriers for high touch surfaces
- Careful sterilization and storage of dental instruments
- New HVAC system and 5 new HEPA air purifiers placed in the lobby and in EVERY treatment room to improve air quality in the office
- The HEPA filters captures 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.3 microns in size
- The UV-C light technology kills any bacteria and viruses captured
- Activated carbon filter helps reduce unpleasant odors